Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Video: Metta World Peace thanks Jesus for the way teeth work


With NBA training camps back in full swing, reporters are curious to get players' opinions on the state of things after the lockout. For Lakers forward Metta World Peace (nee Ron Artest), that means lots of people are asking him about how teammates are reacting to his new name. Melissa Rohlin of Lakers Now, the Los Angeles Times Lakers blog, asked why rookies call him "Metta" and veterans call him "Ron." The response is below, transcribed for ease of understanding (or lack thereof):
I'm just -- I'm most happy that Jesus Christ did not let me lose my teeth when I was 20 years old. 'Cause I was wondering, like, what if you kept your baby teeth until the age of 18 or 20 and then you lose 'em? That would look pretty bad. So I just think he's really brilliant, that you lose your teeth when you're a baby rather than losing them when you're like 30 or 20. That has nothing to do with your question, but that was definitely on my mind.
Thank you, Metta, for changing our lives for the better. May you keep your teeth forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment