Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Dirk Nowitzki Says He Went on Three-Week Drinking Binge After Losing ’06 Finals

I guess that shows how much the loss in '06 to the Miami Heat affected Dirk. Now that he's won the title, let's just hope Nowitzki is partying responsibly. 

According to dallasnews.com:
On what it was like to hear people say over and over 'I want this for Dirk':
"It's special, but I think why that is, people always saw much that means to me, how devastated I am after losing in the first round, that I had to travel halfway across the world just to get away. And how devastated I was after losing the Finals in '06, so I had to go on a three-week drinking binge just to forget everything. I just think people saw how hard I take it, that my heart is in it all the way, and I do this the right way. Work so hard at it, every year try to practice in the summer and come back and do it. I just the people appreciate how hard I work, the work I put in. I just think it's very humbling for people to be on my side and ultimately want me to get the ring, it's great."

Now you're going to go on a three-week drinking binge just to have fun.
"That's the funny thing, I am older now than I was then. I actually think we partied harder in '06 when we lost just to forget about it than we did now. Yeah, we've had some good nights so far, my birthday was in there. In '06, Jet picked me up for the party bus almost every day, and we went somewhere just to make us forget and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment