Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Better Late Than Never: Scottie Pippen Takes Back LeBron & Jordan Comments

We all remember a month ago when NBA legend Scottie Pippen made the rather bold (and utterly false) statement alleging that LeBron James is the “greatest player to ever play the game.” After hearing Scottie utter those completely moronic words the entire sports world turned on the former Chicago great. And yesterday (June 24), after nearly a month of public backlash, Scottie finally decided to “clarify” his position:
“The comments that I made were basically giving LeBron some props as a player, not to dismantle any player like Michael,” Pippen said after a youth camp session at the Bulls/Sox academy. “We all know that he’s the greatest player that ever played the game.
“I think it was taken a little bit out of context. I felt like I was drawing more of a conclusion from the statistics more than the accolades.”
So through all the heat that came Scottie’s way, why did he wait so long to finally re-tract his statement?
“Ya know what? I kind of rolled off into the sunset, went down south and enjoyed no media, no TV and just enjoyed life,” he said. “So I didn’t really get a lot [of flak] from [the comments] as much as probably the organization had to deal with it. But I’m ready to move on from it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment