Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nets' Deron Williams considering playing overseas in Europe

 By Mark J. Miller

 New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams can become a free agent after next season and the team has already taken him over to Brooklyn to show him how the new arena is shaping up. Williams dubbed the place a "ballers' paradise," but he'll have to wait a bit and sign a new contract before he can get the chance to call it home.
Before that happens, though, the NBA has to go through whatever labor unrest and potential lockout drama it can muster up this summer when the current collective bargaining agreement ends. It sounds as if Williams is expecting the potential lockout to go on for a bit because ESPN The Magazine reports that he has looked into playing overseas while waiting for it to end.
"I'm already looking into playing overseas," said Williams, according to the publication. "I haven't looked anywhere in general; I'm just looking into the possibility of playing over there. But I'm not going to make a decision until after the CBA."
The Indianapolis Star reports that Indiana Pacers point guard T.J. Ford, who becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer, is also considering such a move: "It's something I definitely thought about and I wouldn't rule it out, but I'm at a point in my career where I still want to play in the NBA," Ford said, according to the Star. "It would take a lot for me to go over there and play. I'm hoping nobody has to cross that bridge and things get resolved because the interest in the NBA is at a great level." 

Let the rumors come to you. Follow Scoop du Jour on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment