Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Carmelo Anthony tells everyone "stop pushing Derrick Rose"



Anthony said just before the the Knicks took on the Bulls on Thursday that Rose should not come back at all this season.
“I wish y’all would stop rushing Derrick back,” said Anthony. “Please. He shouldn’t come back until he’s about 110 percent ready. I don’t think he should come back if he’s not ready to go out there and play. If he can’t compete at a high level, then what’s a couple more months going to do? What’s two more months going to do? I don’t think he should come back, and that’s just my opinion.
For a moment that sounded like  Anthony wants Rose out of the 2013 playoff picture for his own personal reasons.
Then again, if the playoff picture stands, Melo and the Knicks will see the Boston Celtics in the first round.
Besides, even if it was wishful thinking on his part, according to Anthony he’s not sure what Rose’s limitations are at the moment.
“I really don’t know where he’s at with his rehab and stuff like that, but I feel bad for him because I know he’s got to deal with that every day, he’s got to deal with that question. And nobody really knows on the outside what he’s really going through, what his body is going through. So until he’s 100 percent right, I would hope he would sit out.”
Rose has stated that he will know when he is ready to play.
We all know that he is physically able and cleared to play.
It’s just a matter of pulling the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment