Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Ex-YouTube star dunker finds a home with the Harlem Globetrotters




Jim Weber runs Lost Lettermen, a college football and men's basketball website. This week, he catches up with YouTube dunking phenom Jacob Tucker.
Those attending Harlem Globetrotter games this year will notice a new player that's, well, a little different than the rest of the team.
That's because Jacob Tucker is a 5-foot-10 white guy on a squad known for giant African-American players like its most famous former star, Wilt Chamberlain.
When friends heard Tucker would be part of the team, they almost couldn't believe it.
"Everybody that came up to me, it was a little joke, they always asked if I was on the Washington Generals or the Globetrotters," Tucker said earlier this week in reference to the infamous opponent that has historically served as the Globetrotters' personal doormat.
"I kind of look like the ball boy when I walk into places, and I understand that because not only am I short but I'm pretty young looking still," said the 23-year old. "Whenever I walk into a place with all my teammates that are 6-5, 6-6, I look like the ball boy. But my goal is, whenever all those people leave the arena, they know I'm not."

No comments:

Post a Comment