Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Caron Butler to join Miami Heat?


Sun Sports is reporting that, after some prodding, Caron Butler admitted that he wouldconsider a return to the Heat.Butler’s Mavericks defeated the Heat in the NBA Finals and won their first title. Unfortunately for Butler, he was again hampered by injuries and unable to play.
Butler’s (31 years old) name seems to be mentioned, every season,  as a candidate to land in Boston around the trade deadline. Obviously, that deal has never materialized. Butler said their are many teams he may be interested in joining, however, he was unable to “throw no (other) teams out there. But I (Butler) am open to any suggestions.”
Though Caron is past his prime and injury prone, I do believe he would be a welcome addition to the Heat roster who are devoid of capable big-men (please don’t mention Bosh and capable in the same sentence).
Butler’s comments to Fox Sports, and cited by, Chris Tomasson on Sun Sports were interesting. Here is a run down of the interview…
“It’d be interesting,” Butler said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about the prospect of returning to the Heat.
Asked whether Miami is on his list, Butler eventually said, “Yes.” But he didn’t want to talk too much about the Heat, which is understandable.
Butler, 31, remains loyal to Dallas, which wants him back after a season in which Butler went down with a ruptured right patellar tendon Jan. 1 and could only watch as the Mavericks beat the Heat for the NBA title last June. And he has no idea what the new rules might be in the NBA.
“I love Dallas, what that organization, the fans, what they did for me when I went down and got injured,” said Butler, who went scoreless in 12 minutes in the South Florida All-Star Classic on Saturday night, an event put on at Florida International University by Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. “They supported me and stood by my side. Winning a championship there and being part of that there, that’s always special. So I just don’t know what it’s going to end up like. You got to see how stuff is structured with the new deal, the new collective bargaining agreement.”
Butler said Mavericks officials told him before the lockout started July 1 they want to re-sign him. But it’s unclear what type of salary Butler, who made $10.56 million last season, might be able to command.
“They definitely told me they wanted me back,” Butler said. “I’m grateful for the organization. We’ll see what happens. I love Dallas. I like a lot of other places. But I really love Dallas.”
So where else does Butler like?
“That’s pretty much it,” Butler said of not wanting to mention any teams other than Dallas and Miami. “I don’t want to throw no (other) teams out there. But I am open to any suggestions.”
Perhaps Wade, who played with Butler with the Heat in 2003-04, will suggest Butler might want to return to Miami once free agency gets under way.
“Me and Dwyane, we always talk about a lot of things. So anything can happen,” said Butler, who said the two have yet to talk about the forward’s free agency…

No comments:

Post a Comment