Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Joakim Noah’s Anti-Gay Slur Leaves His Wallet $50,000 Lighter!




Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah should consider himself rather lucky that the NBA front office only fined him $50,000 for his anti-gay slur toward a Heat fan during the first quarter of Game 3 this past Sunday (May 21).

Some may not agree with the amount of Noah’s fine seeing as Lakers guard Kobe Bryant said the exact same thing to an NBA official and was subsequently fined a whopping $100,000.
Here’s what Noah had to say about the league’s decision:
A fan said something to me and I was really upset about it. I said some things I shouldn’t have said,” Noah, who had one point in Game 3, said in an interview on the team’s website. “It wasn’t right and I’m going to deal with the consequences. I don’t want to be a distraction to the team.” Source
Noah and his Bulls team currently sit in unfamiliar territory losing two straight for the first time since February. They currently trail the Eastern Conference Finals series 1-2 to the Miami Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment